Middle School Announcements
Middle School Announcements for Monday 11-20-17 10:10 a.m. start 8 Period Day (Friday Rotation)
NEW CLASSES FOR SPECIAL AND ELECTIVES BEGIN TODAY FOR TRIMESTER 2
1st Period Math Students will have Specials 1st hour and then Math 2nd Hour
2nd Period Math students will have Math 1st Hour and then PE 2nd Hour
6th Grade 6th Grade Choir Meets
6th Grade 6th Grade Study Hall
7th & 8th Graders:
7th Period 7th Grade Electives/8th Grade Specials
8th Period 7th Grade Specials/8th Grade Electives
Lunch: Rib Sandwich, baked beans, tator rounds, peaches
THIS WEEK WE BEGIN THE NEW TRIMESTER 2 CLASSES- Please check your schedule or the board in the MS hallway to see which new specials and electives you will have beginning this week. Please note the Mr. Sinclair's 8th Grade Careers classes will meet each time Period 7 in Mr. Bruns' classroom Rm 209 and Mr. Sinclair's 7th grade Careers classes will meet in the Library. Also Mrs. Core's classes meet in RM 303 upstairs in the High School.
1. NO SCHEDULED CHOIR LESSONS THIS WEEK-ONLY MAKE-UP LESSONS per Ms. Bekersky.
2. Thanksgiving Break will be Wednesday, November 22nd through Friday November 24th. Happy Thanksgiving to all and safe travels to everyone.
3. Online apparel orders are now being taken for PHS Wrestling and PHS Basketball. Deadline to order online is Tomorrow,Tuesday, November 21st and orders should be back available for pickup on Dec. 7th. Websites to order from are listed below:
PHS Wrestling Apparel http://stores.teamelitesports.com/pleasantville_wrestling
PHS Basketball Apparel http://stores.teamelitesports.com/pleasantville_bb/shop/home
4. School Pictures were taken by PEC Photo PO Box 68 Altoona, IA 50009
email is email@example.com is www.pec-photo.com . Please contact them for more information on ordering pictures that were taken during our school photo sessions for MS & HS. Original picture date was September 14th and re-takes were taken on October 24th for Pleasantville Schools.
5. There are a few remaining copies of the 2016-2017 Pleasantville Elementary/MS yearbook. They are available for sale and the cost is $25. If you are interested in purchasing one, please contact Mrs. Ann Core via email firstname.lastname@example.org . Information was also sent home last week to remind you to purchase your yearbook for the 2017-2018 current school year from Jostens. This ordering process should be completed online at: jostensyearbooks.com . Place your order today for your Elementary/Middle School yearbook for 2017-2018 current school year. The phone number to call Jostens if you have questions is: 1-877-767-5217
6. Anti-Bullying Club will now be meeting only on the 1st Wednesday of each month from 3:30-4:15 p.m. in the PHS Library with Mr. Sinclair due to the start up of winter sports activiities. This club is open to anyone interested in making our school a better place, and their goal is to plan fun activities focused on kindness and anti-bullying.
7. Mr. Bruns' Chess Club will be meeting on Tuesdays afterschool until 4:30 p.m. in HS Math classroom Rm 209.
8. JH Boys Basketball will have their first game today at Home in the Event Center gym at 4:15 p.m. versus Lynnville-Sully.
9. JH Girls Basketball will have their first game at Lynnville-Sully (Sully) today at 4:15 p.m. The bus will be leaving at 2:45 p.m and so players are dismissed at 2:30 p.m. today.
Our Habit of the Month for November is Habit #3, “Put First Things First.”
This habit is about how to prioritize. You have to prioritize the things that are most important in your life. Ask yourself what’s really important to you? Think about those important things and make those your “first things” in “first things first.” Put the Big Rocks or important things in order first and then add the smaller rocks or things that might not be as important! Focus on your highest priorities. Eliminate the unimportant things in your life. Plan every week. Stay true in the moment of choice.
- Elementary Newsletter Kids Explain the 7 Habits
posted November 2, 2017
- Elementary Newsletter October 2017
posted November 2, 2017
- Elementary Newsletter September 2017
posted October 2, 2017
- Marion County Offering Flu Shots for Students October 17th.
posted September 15, 2017