Middle School Announcements
Middle School Announcements for Friday 1-12-18 Block Schedule (Odds) . (Thursday rotation since we missed classes yesterday due to the snow day.)
1st Period Math Students will have Math 1st hour and then Specials 2nd Hour
2nd Period Math students will have Specials 1st Hour and then Math 2nd Hour
6th Grade 6th Grade Electives meet
6th Grade 6th Grade Band or Study Hall meets
7th & 8th Graders:
7th Period MS Band or Study Hall
8th Period MS Choir or Study Hall
Lunch: Chili w/ cheese, crackers, veggies, applesauce, cinnamon rolls
1. There will be an informational meeting for all 7th graders and parents who are planning to participate in the Washington D.C. Trip for 8th graders next year. It will be held on Thursday, January 18th at 6:00 p.m. in the PHS cafeteria.
2. Pleasantville Middle School and High School students along with a parent or guardian, have been invited to join the Knoxville Shooting Team. There will be an informational meeting and sign-up day at the Knoxville High School Media Center on Wednesday, January 17th at 6:00 p.m. For questions or more information, please call 515-867-1792 or send an email to : firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Today Friday, January 12th will be the end of the 2nd Quarter and first semester. Please keep working hard to finish up strong! There will be a teacher work day on Monday, January 15th, so there will be no school for students that day.
PLEASE NOTE: Any students planning to make a change to their Semester 2 schedule will need to complete an ADD/DROP form prior to January 19th. The form will need to be signed by a parent to indicate their permission, and then it will need to be signed by the teacher of the course you are going to ADD or DROP. When all these steps have been completed, Mr. Sinclair will need to make the offical changes to your schedule on JMC by January 19th. NO CHANGES will be allowed after this date following the first week of the new semester . Students that wish to make changes can pick up these forms at any time now on the table outside the MS office to get this process completed before the deadline.
4. School Pictures were taken by PEC Photo PO Box 68 Altoona, IA 50009
email is email@example.com is www.pec-photo.com . Please contact them for more information on ordering pictures that were taken during our school photo sessions for MS & HS. Original picture date was September 14th and re-takes were taken on October 24th for Pleasantville Schools.
5. There are a few remaining copies of the 2016-2017 Pleasantville Elementary/MS yearbook. They are available for sale and the cost is $25. If you are interested in purchasing one, please contact Mrs. Ann Core via email firstname.lastname@example.org . Information was also sent home last week to remind you to purchase your yearbook for the 2017-2018 current school year from Jostens. This ordering process should be completed online at: jostensyearbooks.com . Place your order today for your Elementary/Middle School yearbook for 2017-2018 current school year. The phone number to call Jostens if you have questions is: 1-877-767-5217
6. Anti-Bullying Club will be meeting the first Wednesday of each month from 3:30-4:15 p.m. in the PHS Library with Mr. Sinclair. The club is open to anyone interested in making our school a better place, and their goal is to plan fun activities focused on kindness and anti-bullying. Next scheduled meeting will be on Wednesday, Feb. 7th.
7. Mr. Bruns' Chess Club will be meeting on Tuesdays afterschool until 4:30 p.m. in HS Math classroom Rm 209.
8. JH Girls basketball their next game is scheduled for Tuesday, January 16th at Colfax-Mingo at 4:15 p.m.
9. JH Boys Basketball will also have their next game on Tuesday, January 16th here at 4:00 p.m at Des Moines Christian. This is advertised as an 8th Grade A & B game.
10. JH Wrestling will have their next meet on Tuesday, January 16th at I-35 (Truro).
11. Join us for the annual Cancer Crusher events TONIGHT.
Tonight, Friday, January 12th, a pork loin dinner prepared by Burgett BBQ will begin at 5:30 with free will offering accepted. Various events, such as a silent auction, cotton candy sales, face painting, pledges, and bucket passes will be going on throughout the basketball games against Nodaway Valley. The Brent Hoyt family will be recognized as honorary captains, and American Cancer Society will have information available on site. The Pleasantville Dance Team will be performing a pink themed routine.
The gate money for the games tonight will also be donated, so no staff or senior citizen passes will be accepted for entry.
All money raised during the events will go to the American Cancer Society. Donations are be tax deductible. Please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to make a donation to the silent auction.
12. Registrations for the Spring Show for the Pleasantville Dance Team on Saturday, March 31st at 7:00 p.m. are going on now through January 29th. This open to boys and girls preschool through Middle School age which would like to perform at the show. Cost is $25 and includes a Spring Show t-shirt and music. 1st girl's practice will be 8:30-9:45 a.m. on Monday, January 29th in the PHS gym, which is the deadline to sign up. Boys' first practice will be January 24th from 3:30-4:30 p.m. at the elementary gym so that is their sign up deadline. Don't miss the chance to perform on March 31st in the PHS DANCE TEAM SPRING SHOW. Sign up today!
13. TICKETS ON SALE NOW IN THE MS & HS OFFICES On Saturday, January 27th, the Pleasantville Trojan Varsity Girls and Boys basketball teams will have the opportunity to play at Wells Fargo Arena beginning at 2:00 p.m.. They will face off against Albia and following the two high school games, there will be an Iowa Wolves basketball game vs. the Texas Legends beginning at 7:00 p.m. One ticket will gain you admission to all three games. Pleasantville School Offices will be selling "early bird" tickets for $10 each until January 20th. Beginning January 21st-26th, the price of the tickets will increase to $12.00 and, if you wait to purchase tickets until the day of the game at Wells Fargo, the cost will be $18.00. So get your tickets now in the MS OFFICE to show your support of our two Varsity basketball teams, and catch the Iowa Wolves game too.
14. Registration for Youth League Baseball and Softball teams opens TODAY, JANUARY 12th and will conclude on FEBRUARY 12th. No late registrations will be accepted as they will pick teams and order uniforms based on numbers signed up at the deadline of FEBRUARY 12th. Practices are set to begin on APril 1st for Little League and mid-April for T-ball teams. Youth Programs are avaialble for PK through 6th graders (12 yrs old), so get online at discoverpleasantville.com and get signed up today! For more information: email parks and email@example.com or contact JordanFlaws at 515-669-8602.
VOCABULARY WORDS: correlation
HABIT OF THE MONTH: Habit #4 Think Win-Win
Positive Thinking: I can problem solve when an issue comes up with others. I think about what others want and not just what I want. I am kind to others and try to think of ways to make others happy. A positive attitude is always important!